News » 58VE
Monday 17th August, 2020
How 58VE has gotten COVID-ready
58VE is a quirky, hi-tech events venue that sits right on the bank of the Thames. Their contemporary meeting rooms, conference space and lounge each offer a professional yet comfortable choice for events. Plus, a private roof terrace with 180-degree views over the river is not to be overlooked for drinks receptions and summer parties!
How has 58VE adapted their venue to be COVID-ready?
Their main priority is to ensure that organisers, clients, and delegates feel comfortable and receiving outstanding service. They've put in place measures and precautions that reflect this, which includes:
- Cleanliness: Increase the cleaning standards by implementing additional cleaning and sanitation and providing extra opportunities for hand cleaning throughout the building. There will be an increase in the number of cleaners and the sanitisation of high touchpoints such as lift buttons, antibacterial door handles, and covers along with hand sanitisation units and the use of UV wands.
- Training: Organising training and refreshers for our staff members regarding hygiene, health, and safety with specifics related to COVID-19.
- Capacity: Reducing capacity to accommodate 1M or 2M social distancing rules.
- Catering: Working closely with our exclusive inhouse caterers, CH&CO, to rework our offers including pre-packaged items.
- AV: Being a modern and high tech venue, we offer AV packages which are included in our room hire fee. The meeting rooms include video conferencing while 58VE has streaming and an AV Technician to support events. The team is well experienced and ready to accommodate even more hybrid events.
- Working together: There will be signage throughout the venue in the form of physical signs and posters, floor markers, and pop up banners. However, we pride ourselves on being a black canvas venue, and in that spirit, we allow the organiser to bring their own signs. We’re here to support organisers and client events so we’re always happy to adapt to their needs.
Are they COVID-ready now? What, if anything, is left to arrange?
They've put a lot of measures in place and obtained accreditations from the MIA and Visit England. They’re still working with our in-house caterers to ensure they continue to offer the same delicious options whilst aligning with all new measures. Their suppliers - CH&Co (where we're also found on eve) and Aztec - have been brilliant to work with during this time.
Have they achieved the mia's AIM Secure accreditation?
They have obtained the AIM Secure accreditation exemplifying they have followed health & safety measures to accommodate events in this new normal. They wanted to acknowledge how helpful it’s been receiving reports from the mia regarding the government’s updates and being able to base their measures on the association's "Roadmap to Reopening and Operating Safely" guidelines document.
What is their solution to catering at future events?
They are still working with their inhouse caterers Ch&Co. They have been able to rework their packages to avoid high touch points whilst still offering outstanding quality and a range of dietary requirements. They've arranged a one-way system for events where delegates can collect the catering and they‘ll also be introducing pre-packed items.
What have they put in place to make post-COVID events a little friendlier?
58VE are known for their flexibility and so have adapted to the post-COVID-19 guidelines in a way that will allow clients to still fully enjoy their events. They are encouraging using video conferencing, phone conferencing, and considering hybrid events. They're also offering clients the opportunity to bring in their own COVID-19 signs and offering branding options in their blank canvas spaces; aiming to keep supporting clients in delivering outstanding events and a chance to still be creative.