News » Barbican
Wednesday 15th June, 2016
Business Events Account Executive Job Opportunity at the Barbican
Barbican is Europe’s largest arts and events centre and hosts and unrivalled variety of over 2,500 events every across its arts and commercial business. As a not for profit venue the Business Events department forms an important part of the commercial business of the Barbican and is responsible for the sales and delivery of over 450 events and welcoming over 150,000 visitors to the venue every year.
We now have an exciting opportunity for a professional and talented Business Events Account Executive to join the Sales team within our Business Events department to assist in achieving and exceeding our meetings and events sales revenue target.
Reporting to the Head of Sales, the role of the Business Events Account Executive will be to support the marketing and selling of The Barbican's conference facilities and provide support to the rest of the Sales team. You will assist in implementing strategy in conjunction with Sales support activities, which will include:
1. The sales and marketing of The Barbican's conference facilities and wide range of ancillary services.
2. Assisting with the implementation of sales initiatives.
3. Handling and converting incoming event enquiries.
4. Account managing, developing and maintaining excellent relationships with your allocated client base, including sales presentations, client fam trips and on site client inspections.
5. Meeting budgeted sales targets and profit margins for business.
6. Attending conference and exhibition events on behalf of The Barbican to promote the Centre.
7. Producing a weekly sales report
8. Tracking and being the first point of contact for all internal room bookings
9. Updating and managing the Business Events Sales Database through data entry and data cleansing.
10. Managing the administration of all personal sales including the preparation of proposals, contracts and accurate invoicing in a timely manner.
11. Carrying out competitor analysis on a regular basis.
12. Undertaking project work under direction of the Head of Sales.
The Business Events Account Executive will have excellent customer and administrative skills, be highly organised, immaculately presented and possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
We are looking for an individual who is a team player, highly motivated, able to handle a varied workload through strong prioritisation and multi-tasking skills, and work to tight deadlines.
You will be computer literate with a good knowledge of Microsoft Office. Ideally you will also have a working knowledge of using a diary management system and customer relationship (CRM) system.
Previous experience in an administrative role within Sales and Marketing is desirable.
Closing date for applications is 12 noon, 8 July 2016.
All applications must include a completed application form. Late applications will not be accepted.
For more information and to apply online, please visit www.cityoflondon.gov.uk/jobs
Alternatively, please contact the Corporate HR Unit on 020 7332 3978 (24hr answerphone) quoting reference BC570. A minicom service for the hearing impaired is available on 020 7332 3732.
The City of London Corporation is committed to Equal Opportunities and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.