News » Barbican
Thursday 30th April, 2015
Industry leaders to offer advice and guidance to rising stars
An hour-long pop in ‘Advice from Leaders – Pop in Rising Star Zone’ session at IMEX Frankfurt on the 20th May (3.30-4.30pm) will give young professionals with less than three years industry experience the opportunity to take advice and guidance from a team of industry leaders.
The Barbican-led initiative will bring industry advisors and rising talent together so they can have informal and constructive conversations. Each industry leader will host four sessions throughout the hour lasting 15 minutes and will also be on hand following the sessions to offer further guidance.
“The whole idea of the session is to give young professionals the opportunity to learn, educate and share knowledge,” comments Jackie Boughton, Head of Sales at Barbican Business Events. “The chosen advisors are from differing areas of the industry but all have a wealth of knowledge they are ready to share with the next generation of professionals. We are all very excited about this event and feel that IMEX is the perfect stage in which to host it.”
The industry leaders taking part in the event include:
• Jackie Boughton, Head of Sales at Barbican Business Events
• Sue Etherington, Commercial Director at the Queen Elizabeth II Conference Centre
• Paul Colston, Managing Editor of Mash Media
• Kerrin MacPhie, Director of Sales at ACC Liverpool & ICCA UK & Ireland Chapter Chair
• Adam Baggs, Creative Director & Founder of Soaring Worldwide
• Tracy Halliwell, Director of Business Tourism and Major Events at London & Partners
• Sue Burgess, Senior Director of Operations at BCD M&I
• Alistair Turner, PR Director of Davies Tanner
• Alan Newton, Co-Founder and COO of Eventopedia
• Jacqui Kavanagh, CEO of Trinity Event Solutions and HBAA Chair
The event will take place in Seminar Room 2, Inspiration Hub, Stand G680 at IMEX Frankfurt.
Further information on events at the Barbican can be acquired by contacting the Business Events Team: +44 (0)20 7382 7043 | email@example.com.