News » London City Selection
Wednesday 19th April, 2017
Guildhall is Recruiting an Experienced Diary Manager
GUILDHALL DIARY MANAGER
Salary (inclusive of London Weighting): £32,760 rising to £37,110 (depending upon performance)
We are seeking an enthusiastic and organised individual with excellent administrative and communication skills to join our high-performing, small commercial events team.
The events team is responsible for organising commercial events at the historic London Guildhall in the heart of the Square Mile. Guildhall is a world-class venue used by international companies, major public bodies and charities. You will be joining the City of London Corporation, an organisation committed to supporting and promoting the City as the world’s leading international finance and business centre.
The team manage some 500 events each year, ranging from high profile corporate events and award ceremonies to large charity fundraisers and concerts.
Our aim is to maximise the commercial use of the venue consistent with the City’s own requirements. To do this, we need our venue diary to be pro-actively managed to maximise utilisation of all available dates and venue spaces.
The successful candidate will have experience of managing a venue diary in a corporate/ commercial environment. High quality written and oral communication skills, strengths as a team player, good interpersonal skills and computer literacy are essential. Knowledge of new technology would be a significant advantage.
The post holder will represent the events team at City Corporation and external meetings, liaising with internal and external contacts at all levels. An ability to communicate effectively in person and on paper is an essential part of this role.
· Manage the Guildhall bookings diary, maximising the commercial use of the venue.
· Research and implement improvements to the operation of the diary to increase efficiency and capitalise on bookings.
· Deputise for the Private Events Manager as required and line-manage the Events Administrator who assists the team.
· Oversee the production of reports relating to applications for bookings.
· Experience of managing a venue diary and organising corporate/commercial events.
· Sales and marketing experience.
Closing date: 2nd May 2017
To apply - https://jobs.cityoflondon.gov.uk/
A selection of the finest venues in the historic heart of London
With the perfect blend of historic and modern we have somewhere to suit every event from the smal...Read More